Minutes of a Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 7th July 2016 at ‘Westlow’ Mere Fisheries meeting room.
Declaration of Interest
4 members of the public (one left early) present plus Mrs V Marchant (clerk training for Twemlow Parish Council).
Present Councillor G Silman, (Chairman), Councillor K Ogden (Vice Chairman) , Councillor P Amies, Councillor J Wray (Cheshire East) arrived 7.45pm and the Clerk .
Councillor J Lockett due to work commitments.
Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 9th June 2016 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.
64/16 Councillor Vacancy
The vacancy had not been contested and the Parish Council were allowed to co opt a new member.
Four applicants had been received by the Parish Council.
Two of these had been received that day and not all members had time to consider each applicant.
The Chairman wished the decision to be postponed and an extraordinary meeting called in August as the Council also needed to consider Councillor J Lockett may also take this opportunity to resign as a Parish Councillor. This may happen in the imminent future which would lead to two Councillor Vacancies.
The Parish Council agreed to review all applicants in detail and a meeting called at a later date.
It was noted that if you lived in either parishes and were not on the electoral role the leaflets/newsletters would not be delivered to you. The Chairman requested the Clerk look into this and see if was possible to remedy the issue.
65/16 Matters arising from the minutes
- Mill Lane traffic speed – the Clerk had contacted the PCSO who had attended site but unfortunately not at the school bus pick up time. She had compiled a report that she felt little could be done. The Chairman requested the Clerk ask if she could revisit at school bus time and if Mrs R Oakes could gain some public support about the dangers. This would be revisited at the next meeting.
- Terms and Conditions of NP Grant – the funding deadline spend was 5th October 2016.
- Brown Tourist sign at ‘ Westlow’ Mere fisheries– the clerk had made enquires at Highways CE and there was an option for a sign as they would meet the criteria to have a sign. There was an initial charge of £160.00 which was refundable if pursued. The Clerk forwarded the details to the director of the fisheries.
- Audit 2015/16– there had been some outstanding queries which the clerk had resolved mainly due to the Council being ‘dormant’ for 8 years.
66/16 Neighbourhood Plan
The Chairman Councillor K Ogden updated members. The second questionnaire about the vision of objectives and the draft policies would go out next week. The SAE deadline would be returned by the end of the month.
The next consultation was being finalised at this moment to all the local businesses and land owners. This work was going to be drafted out for the consultation questionnaires and conclusions.
The next meetings were scheduled for 21st July and 18th August. The housing report would be discussed at the latest meeting.
67/16 Planning Applications
16/2805C Unit 1 Viking Way, Congleton CW12 1TT.
Installation of combined heat and gas engine that creates electricity.
Resolved No Objection
15/4880C Congleton Link Road – it was noted this application had been approved at the SPB on 8th June by Cheshire East.
68/16 Cheshire East
Councillor J Wray reported that, as within all the UK, the exit of the EU had led to unrest with Cheshire East Council. The budget had been revisited and many factors may be influenced.
Councillor P Amies was concerned about a significant oversight in the draft CE’s Local Plan which affected the owners of Home Farm and ‘Westlow’ Mere fisheries. Their land had been allocated to public open space and some potential development. One of the land owners had not been informed and the other had not been fully aware of the situation. There had been contact with Mr A Fisher and legal advice had been planned.
Councillor J Wray was supporting the relevant land owners.
The water leak on Giantswood Lane opposite the old squash courts still had not been resolved a site visit was necessary and the clerk would also report on line.
To note the balance of accounts = £11,750.49 (£4,792.00 NP + £6,958.00)
- £132.00 Crewe Colour Printers
- £25.00 Mrs M Pennington (Internal Audit)
- £20.22 Clerks Expenses (April to June)
- £658.51 Cranage Parish Council (clerk salary April to June)
- £1,822.60 CCA (NP support)
- £2.32 Lloyds Banking Group
Resolved the above payments be approved and signed for as above.
71/16 Members report
Councillor P Amies was concerned about the location of the notice board at the top of Giantswood Lane near the church in a resident’s garden. It was covered by tree boughs, very high and difficult to maintain. It would be discussed at the next meeting.
The Chairman discussed possible dates for the extraordinary meeting to co opt a new Councillor; possible dates were 4th August or 18th August.
72/16 The next meeting would be the on 1st September noting an additional meeting needed to be called in August @ 7.30pm at Westlow Mere.
Meeting closed at 9.15pm