Minutes: Parish Council Meeting 19th November 2020

. . .

Minutes of a Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 19th November 2020 @ 7.30pm via video conference.

Part 1 Public and Press present

Present
Councillor Mark Wakerly MW
Councillor Tony Richardson TR
Councillor John Spence JS
Councillor Vic Brown VB
Councillor Adam Scott AS
Councillor John Wray JS – Cheshire East
K Marsh – Clerk


Public Forum

1 member of the public was present.


131/20 Apologies for absence

None.


132/20 Declarations of Interest

None.


133/20 Minutes

Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 15th October 2020 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record with an amendment being made to the public forum to refer to Cllr Akers-Smith as Cllr SAS so no confusion with Cllr AS.


134/20 Review of Rights of Way – Hulme Walfield

Little progress has been made since the last meeting.  Cllr Akers-Smith has written to various officers in planning to clarify the Greenway plans. The Clerk has received no further comments on the proposal since the meeting in October.  It was recommended to adopt the proposals that are specific to our parish, to give Cllr VB the authority to speak with Congleton Town Council and landowners to progress with the work. The parish council would like to thank Cllr VB for the work that he has done to date.

Resolved to accept the recommendations.  Cllr VB was approved to take it forward and update the council accordingly.


135/20 Business Plan

The final draft of the business plan has now been proofread and circulated prior to the meeting. A document has been put together detailing the action plan going forward. This document is a work in progress.

Resolved to sign the business plan off. It will now be made available on the parish council website.


136/20 PCSO Update

Cllr JS provided an update from the PCSO. There are still no local meetings due to the Covid-19 pandemic.  There has been an increase in scams going around which have been reported to the police.  Another increase has been in burglaries and reports of nocturnal door trying.  There are not many incidents in the parish but there are some in other local areas so it is worth making the public aware of this.  Cllr JS is due to meet with PCSO Sue Holt and will update her about the initiative to set up a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.


137/20 Cheshire East

No ward councillor present.


138/20 Planning White Paper

Cllr VB had attended an update meeting held by Cheshire East planning officers and ChALC.  The slides from the presentation were circulated prior to the meeting. It was very clear that the role of the parish councils will be lessened and they will not have anywhere near the involvement on planning applications that there has been previously.  Cllr VB will keep a watching brief on the situation.


139/20 Alderley Gate Residents’ Association

An update was given by Cllr VB on the work that they had been doing.  The person leading the work has said that residents have given a very positive response in forming a resident’s association.  He is looking to put a formal framework in place to get the association up and running.  They are hoping to get a formal speed limit of 20mph on the estate.  They are keen for the neighbourhood watch scheme to be put in place.

A contact at Bloor Homes has emailed Cllr JS to say that the management company have now taken on full responsibility of the estate.  There is still some tree planting to be done that the parish council will keep an eye on to make sure it gets completed.  The parish council doesn’t have any contact information for the management company.


140/20 Budget 2021 / 22 and Precept

The draft budget for 2021 / 22 had been circulated prior to the meeting and it was agreed by all.  The precept request for the year 2021 / 22 will be £11,500.

The idea of a community chest was discussed and it was agreed that £2000 would be allocated to that.


141/20 Highways

An email from Cheshire East had been circulated requesting ideas for naming the Congleton Link Road.  Suggestions are to be emailed to the clerk.


142/20 Policies

The updated Complaints Policy and Grievance Policy will be circulated for adoption in January.


143/20 Planning

  • 20/4578C, Broomfield Cottage, Trap Road, Somerford Booths, CW12 2LT.

Change of existing store to habitable space, provision of alternative opening treatment and minor internal amends to kitchen, with creation of new w.c. space.

Resolved no objection.


  • 20/4939C, Fieldhouse Farm, Swettenham Road, Somerford Booths, CW12 2JX.

Removal of condition 7, permitted development rights, on approval 28708/3.

Resolved no objection.


144/20 Accounts

To note the balance of accounts = £28,358.06

Payments for approval

  • Online payment – £230.74 Clerk salary.
  • Online payment – £31.39 Clerk’s expenses – Zoom subscription and Remembrance wreath
  • Online payment – £285.60 Crewe Colour Printers – Newsletter

Resolved the above payments be approved and signed for as a true and accurate record.

 

Receipts

£2449.50, Cheshire East CIL payment

Resolved that the bank reconciliation was approved and will be signed at the first meeting following the coronavirus lockdown.


144/20 Clerks Report

The meeting dates for 2021 were circulated and agreed. These will now be put on the website and noticeboards.

Thanks were passed to Julia Davenport who presented a wreath on behalf of the parish council at the Remembrance Service.  Photos of the event are on the website.


145/20 Chairman and Member Report. 

Nil.


146/20 Clerk Review

A discussion took place following the annual review for the clerk.

Resolved the clerk would receive an increase in salary of two salary scale points on the NJC pay scale due to her gaining the CiLCA qualification and excellent service since her appointment. Cllr VB will make payroll aware.


The next meeting will be the on 14th January 2020 @ 7.30pm by video conference.

Meeting closed at 8.56.pm.


hwsbmin-19.11.2020

 

. . .