Minutes: Parish Council Meeting 15th October 2020

. . .

Minutes of a Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 15th October 2020 @ 7.30pm via video conference.

Part 1 Public and Press present

Present

Councillor Mark Wakerly MW
Councillor Tony Richardson TR
Councillor John Spence JS
Councillor Vic Brown VB
Councillor Adam Scott AS
Councillor John Wray JS – Cheshire East
K Marsh – Clerk


Public Forum

0 members of the public were present.

Guest speakers Cllr Suzie Akers-Smith and Cllr Martin Amies updated the Parish council on the developments  and their ideas for strategic links for cyclists , walkers and horse riders for the new Congleton Link Road, the River Dane corridor, the centre of Congleton and local schools / shops.

She introduced the term ‘Active Travel’ as an inclusive term for all these group and shared a presentation on this subject. The aim is a circular route around the new edge of Congleton, much of which is already in place.  However, there are  significant missing links, particular between proposed housing developments and to local schools / shops.  These are needed so that residents can walk / cycle and avoid car journeys or unnecessary use of public roads.  Such routes also promote active recreation for new and existing residents.

The East / West Greenway is embedded into the masterplan with proposed cycle paths linking schools.  A lot of the possible routes fall within the Hulme Walfield, Somerford Booths parish. Collaboration with the parish council is, therefore, of vital importance.

The presentation will be shared on the parish council website.

A brief discussion took place regarding access onto Giantswood Lane from proposed developments on either side of it.  Cllr VB proposed that this should be a specific item on the next Agenda so that current thinking can be fully understood.  Cllr AS agreed to ask Cheshire East Highways for clarification and, in particular, of any plans for residential developments either side of Giantswood Lane to be linked between Viking Way and Manchester Road.


115/20 Apologies for absence

None.  Cllr AS left the meeting at 8.35pm.


116/20 Declarations of Interest

None.


117/20 Minutes

Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 17th September 2020 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.


118/20 Review of Rights of Way – Hulme Walfield

Cllr VB had circulated a discussion paper prior to the meeting.  Councillors thanked Cllr VB for the work that he has put into this.  Cllr TR queried whether it was necessary to consider the proposals around the surrounding area.  Further discussion and comments will be taken forward to the meeting in November.  Comments are to be submitted to the Clerk by the 12th November.


119/20 Business Plan

The second draft had been circulated to councillors prior to the meeting.  Cllr VB queried how we would move the business plan forward and how plans would be put into the budget.  Cllr VB will work with Cllr MW to produce an action plan.  Cllr JS will go ahead and proofread the business plan.


120/20 PCSO Update

Cllr JS provided an update from the PCSO.  Surgeries are still not able to be held. Alderley Gate residents are proposing to setup a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, Cllr JS is to liaise with them in order to include the properties on Giantswood Lane in the scheme.  Cllr JS intends to involve the local PCSO in the scheme.


121/20 Planning White Paper

Cllr VB had circulated a report prior to the meeting.  Comments need to be submitted by the 22nd of October to the Clerk.  The report will be circulated to Cllr JW.


122/20 Alderley Gate Residents’ Association

A meeting had taken place on the 7th October which Cllr VB and Cllr JS attended.  It was clear that the Residents’ Association were keen to get a two-way conversation going between the Association and the parish council.


123/20 Link Road Roundabouts

There is no further action for the parish council to take at this time.  Cllr JS will follow up and Cllr JW will also liaise with the Congleton Town Council representative.


124/20 Highways

Nil.


125/20 Budget Planning

The Clerk had circulated the first draft of the 2021/22 budget.  Cllr MW and Cllr VB will look at this as part of the business plan. The budget and precept request are to be signed off at the meeting in November.


126/20 Cheshire East.

Cllr JW reported that there is a full council meeting next week.  Cllr JS queried whether Cllr JW had managed to speak to Highways about the hedges on Giantswood Lane near to Westlow Mere.  Cllr JW will liaise with Highways to find out who is responsible for their maintenance.


127/20 Planning

Nil

128/20 Accounts

To note the balance of accounts = £26,153.69

Payments for approval

  • Online payment – £230.74 Clerk salary.
  • Online payment – £14.39 Clerk’s expenses, Zoom subscription.

Resolved the above payments be approved and signed for as a true and accurate record.

Receipts

Nil.

Resolved that the bank reconciliation was approved and will be signed at the first meeting following the coronavirus lockdown. 


129/20 Clerks Report

The parish council would like to make a donation and lay a wreath at the Remembrance Sunday Service.  The Clerk will make the arrangements for this and £20 was authorised to spend.

The Clerk reported that a Community Infrastructure Levy is due to be paid of £2,449.50.


130/20 Chairman and Member Report. 

Nil.

The next meeting will be the on 19th November 2020 @ 7.30pm by video conference.

Meeting closed at 9.15pm.


Download Minutes

. . .