Minutes of a Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 5th October 2017 at ‘Westlow’ Mere Fisheries meeting room.
Declaration of Interest
Part 1 Public and Press present
Present Councillor M Wakerly (who chaired the meeting), Councillor K Ogden, Councillor P Amies, Councillor G Booth (arrived at 7.45pm), Councillor G Silman, Councillor J Wray – Cheshire East and Ms J Mason – Clerk
Cllr K Ogden proposed that 68/17 was amended “Cllr P Amies had met with the Reverend Arch”
Full Council accepted the amendment. Cllr K Ogden proposed the minutes and Cllr P Amies seconded.
Resolved that the minutes of the meeting held on 7th September 2017 be approved and signed as a true and accurate record.
Traffic Surveys to be conducted by the Parish Council within the Parish of Hulme Walfield & Somerford Booths
Resolved CTS Traffic Surveys would be instructed to carry out six traffic surveys at agreed sites at the cost of £200.00 plus VAT.
Resolved the Clerk would approach Mr John Carruthers a Highway & Transport Consultant (VTC Consultants) for a cost to analyse and advice on the data received by CTS Traffic Surveys.
Traffic Survey on the website
Cllr G Booth had devised the survey and it had been passed by members. It was agreed this would be placed on the website and added as a hard copy in the newsletter.
This was ‘live’ on the home page of the website.
Highways had reported this would be actioned in November. Traffic lights had been installed.
Water on Smithy Lane
This had been reported on 13th September – 3297595 but not actioned to date.
Public Protection Order Consultation on Dog fouling
The Clerk requested members completed the form.
73/17 Planning Applications
- 17/4770C Hulme Walfield House, Smithy Lane, Hulme Walfield CW12 2JG – Proposed alterations and extension
Resolved No Objection
- 17/4799C ‘Fairmill ‘ Motor Company, 75 , Manchester Road, Congleton CW12 2HT
Residential development of 14 no dwellings following demolition of existing car sales building.
Resolved No Objection
- 17/1000C Outline planning for 500 houses off Giantswood Lane and Manchester Road , Hulme Walfield – associated primary school and retail shops
It was noted this had been deferred on the 27th September SPB agenda and had been rescheduled to the 25th October – Cllr G Silman still was scheduled to speak.
New Bloor Home development – Manchester Road
- The Clerk had contacted the Site manager and Contracts manager at the Bloor Home site – Alderley Gate on Manchester Road and a together with Mrs J Davenport ( a local resident) from Giantswood Lane a meeting was due to be held in October. There was also a news item to report any concerns on the website for residents.
- Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Consultation from 25th September 2017 – 6th November 2017.
Resolved the Chairman would draft a response for the Clerk
Cllr G Booth circulated a draft and members agreed the content. It would be delivered by the end of the month.
To note the balance of accounts = £12,945.87 (NP = £1,472.50 + PC = £11,473.37)
- Cheque no 316 – £710.77 inc £48.36 HMRC – Cranage Parish Council ( Clerks salary from June to September)
- Cheque no 317 – £19.80 Mrs J Mason ( Expenses from June to September)
- Cheque no 315 – £239.74 Congleton Town Council ( notice board)
- Lloyds Bank Group £1.16
- £2,890.00 Groundworks UK
- Resolved the above payments be approved and signed for as a true and accurate record.
Resolved the Chairman would allow his allowance to purchase flowers for Mrs Heatherington – for the use of her garden for the notice board.
76/17 Cheshire East
Resolved to suspend standing orders to receive a report from Cllr J Wray.
Cllr J Wray gave an update to the Council on the planning application 17/1000C and how to request a planning condition.
Cllr G Silman requested the clerk write to the planning officer Mr Adrian Crowther to request a condition to enforce the ‘no access’ onto Giantswood Lane
77/17 Clerks Report
Annual CHALC meeting 19th October
It was agreed Cllr P Amies would attend.
Letter from Mrs F Bruce MP in reference to supermarket packaging
Letter had been circulated from Mrs F Bruce in relation to the recycling.
78/17 Chairman and Members Report
Highways meeting on 4th October
The Chairman reported on the highways hour meeting himself and the Clerk had attended.
Cllr P Amies asked the Clerk to report fly tipping on the bridleway along Giantswood Lane
Cllr K Ogden requested the Clerk speak to Mr T Evans Cheshire East Neighbourhood Plan Team in relation to the planned referendum date and if the issues in Somerford Parish were affecting Hulme Walfield and Somerford Booths.
The next meeting would be the on 2nd November 2017 @ 7.30pm at Westlow Mere.
Meeting closed at 9.10 pm